Simply Styled: The Icing On The Cake

January 12, 2012

I know, I know…we have all seen the most beautiful ‘I can’t believe that’s a real cake’ dessert displays on every wedding blog, entertaining magazine, Food Network cake competition, and dessert Pinterest boards. While we dream of the fairy-tale, fondant tiers of heavenly decadence just as much as the next gal, there is something so casually and artistically beautiful about cakes left unadorned, devoid of icing, yet full of charm. Every celebration’s decor and design is individual, yes? Well, these cake inspirations certainly go right along with that philosophy. Unrefined and so utterly, delicately, interestingly gorgeous, we are loving this dessert creativity. Leave us your thoughts! To ice or not to ice?

uniced cakes wedding ideas dessert inspiration

uniced cakes wedding ideas dessert inspiration

Imagine pink cake with gold spilled frosting.

uniced cakes wedding ideas dessert inspiration
uniced cakes wedding ideas dessert inspiration
uniced cakes wedding ideas dessert inspiration
uniced cakes wedding ideas dessert inspiration

uniced cakes wedding ideas dessert inspiration

French crepes cake.

{Sources} 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Comments

1. Luke & Cat on January 12th, 2012 at 9:15 am
    The crepe cake is amazing! We agree, that the simple non-iced cakes almost carry more of an impact than a perfectly smooth fondant layer!
    • Kirbi on January 12th, 2012 at 2:26 pm
      Totally agree guys! Thanks for stopping by! :)
  2. Tina on January 12th, 2012 at 10:18 am
    Good post today Kirbi! All of the cakes look yummy.
  3. Rebekah on January 12th, 2012 at 2:01 pm
    Thanks for using our pink sparkler cake! I designed this cake to fit with our fun and bright NYE shoot, but I would love it any time!!
    • Kirbi on January 12th, 2012 at 2:25 pm
      Thanks Rebekah for such a beautifully designed cake! We love the entire NYE styled shoot you guys put together! I updated our Source to go straight to your Portfolio. :)

Best,
      ASC
  4. I really like weddings on January 12th, 2012 at 2:59 pm
    Thanks for the sourcing! I love partially iced cakes - they're so different and look delicious!
  5. Jamie Pierce on January 17th, 2012 at 12:59 pm
    They're beautiful cakes! I would have to say they're right up my alley as I have never been big on all the sugar in the fondant. The top picture with the caramel is my favorite. Can I get one delivered today?!?
PoliciesDisclosureSubmissionsAdvertise